Book Review Rama of the Axe
Book Review by @gauravt168
I recently finished reading Rama of the Axe, a retelling of the story of Bhagwan Parashuram by @ranjithr_r
Here are some thoughts
- The book remains faithful to the overall story arc of Bhagwan Parashuram as told in the scriptures, however the author used his imagination to fill in many details in the journey.
- The author has tried to add some creative imagery to some of the turning points in Bhagwan Parashuram's life, which make the story very interesting. As a reader you are curious to know how the author has reimagined these key events.
- The book is written as a coming of age story for Bhagwan Parashuram and takes you through the journey of him becoming an avatar and fulfilling his duty as a warrior despite being born as a rishi's son.
- As expected Kartavirya Arjuna is the big bad villain, however there are some fun cameos to look forward to.
- There are few threads that feel incomplete, since the book ends with a promise of a sequel, it's possible these threads will get picked in the second part.
Overall it is a good retelling of Bhagwan Parashuram's story which I enjoyed reading, despite knowing the original story from the scriptures.
Eagerly waiting for the sequel now.
You can by the book from Padhega India here - https://pages.razorpay.com/